Tuesday, December 06, 2011

This Thanksgiving was memorable! My brother flew in from Oregon with his wife and baby, my Papa drove in from Texas, my Uncle and cousin drove in from Lousiana, and Chad and I were able to come with our kids. To have some of my most favorite people in one room was incredibly special!!!

After we enjoyed the wonderful feast that my mom prepared, we all went around the room sharing what we were thankful for. My brother and his wife were thankful for their new addition (yes, Jacob and Kate are having baby #2!). My step-dad was thankful for good health after a rough road battling cancer and subsequent strokes. My Papa was thankful for the gift of family and was utterly amazed that so many of his grandchildren and great-grandchildren were all in the same room. And I shared how thankful I was for a family who values joy and zest for life...a family who cherishes laughter and good times! My family is deeply fun loving...I ALWAYS enjoy being with them and am so thankful for the gift of optimism that they're passing down to the next generation.

Here's some pictures of our week. :-)









2 comments:

Michael and Hannah said...

What a very special Thanksgiving!! You are incredibly blessed.

Gina Harmon said...

Amelia and her Aunt Lindsey greatly favor each other! Both are beautiful!