THINGS I AM THANKFUL FOR THIS THANKSGIVING SEASON....
1) For WalMart bags that don't leak....Shep threw-up in Walmart.
2) For children that can aim well and don't make a mess when they're puking.
3) For a husband who is tough as nails and can drive to the store at 4am despite the fact that he's sick as a dog, so he can get anti-nausea meds for his family.
4) For family who live nearby so that Rauly (who was the only one who was well at this point) could stay far far from all these germs.
5) For the sweetest child in the world - it's amazing how heartbreakingly adorable sick lil' ones are! Shep rubbed my back last night as we took turns sharing a toilet and made the sweetest comments...sometimes I feel like he's my little angel! **Might I add that I pray none of you ever have to experience being sick at the same time as your child...Chad and I learned the hard way how difficult it is to soothe and comfort a child who is sick when you're just as bad off!!**
6) For a lack of a Thanksgiving Dinner...just the thought of food makes Chad and I moan and groan right now!
7) And finally....I'm thankful for some much needed downtime....Chad, myself and Shepherd actually watched parts of the parade today, the national dog show and are planning on watching several more holiday flicks today - sometimes being sick can actually be a blessing in disguise! Although I definitely wish we had never gotten sick, I doubt we would have taken the time to lay around and do nothing had we not caught this "virus".
SO - I'm thankful this holiday season for many odd things...and many normal/common things like family and friends, a beautiful home, a wonderful church family and the fact that we need nothing!!! Thank you God for all you've given us...we are truly blessed!!!