100 Things about me...
1. Born and raised in Arkansas.
2. I weighed 6 lbs 4oz at birth...this fact amazes me since I am by no means a tiny person now!
3. I despised being taller than everyone else growing up...
4. I now LOVE it and stand as tall as I can when in a group.
5. Yes,...I am 6'0.
6. I have a huge crush on "The Rock"...Chad knows this and still allows me to rent all of his movies. :)
7. I hate my hands - ever since I was in highschool and a boy very loudly and very rudely commented on how big they were, I have always been self-consious. (thanks a lot Kevin.)
8. Chad tells me how beautiful my hands are...always saying how he loves my long fingers - I don't believe him and probably never will!!
9. I ran track in highschool - not my proudest achievement.
10. I specifically ran hurdles....my coach thought that with my long legs, I would be great - booooyyyy was he wrong.
11. My most embarassing moment was at a track meet. I was up to run the 400 hurdle race and when the gun went off - I ran my heart out - however, I didn't jump over a single hurdle....I just ran around them. All the other girls in the race just looked at me like "hey - she's cheating!".
12. What cracks me up most about that race is that I still didn't come in first!!! In fact, I'm pretty sure I was one of the last in the bunch to cross the finish line.
13. That's ok though because I was the captain of the varsity volleyball team 10th-12th grade. Whew - at least my long legs and hands proved to be good for something!
14. I am an idealist...have always been, most likely will always be.
15. I was homeschooled for 7 years.
16. Now that I am a mom, I am amazed that my mom was able to put up with me and my brother for that long!
17. I still remember my first kiss vividily and am still amazed at how it literally made my heart skip a beat.
18. I am a people pleaser...always have been...hoping I won't always be.
19. I have a temper.
20. I am impatient.
21. I am not proud of either one of those traits.
22. I am sensitive to a fault.
23. I hate to waste people's time.
24. I hate to have my time wasted.
25. I look out for underdogs.
26. I am deeply affected by my friends and families troubles...it will keep me up at night.
27. I tend to take the worlds problems on my shoulders.
28. I have a very very hard time trusting people.
29. This is probably why I have LOTS of acquaintances but very few close friends.
30. I have always been extremely shy around boys and to this day am a bit uncomfortable with the opposite sex.
31. I can remember as a young girl walking down the street to my neighborhood pool...if there were boys on the street ahead of me, I would take a side street to get there or I would turn around and go home.
32. The only two men I am completely comfortable with are Chad and my brother,...and of course my lil' man, Shepherd.
33. I am a good listener.
34. I LOVE to hear people talk about their lives...where they come from, where they hope to be some day,...what makes them tick.
35. My love languages are: Quality Time and Words of Affirmation.
36. I had Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever in 9th grade.
37. Because of that, I now have Rheumatoid Arthritis. I also get tired quicker then most.
38. I never get sick though and am an extremely healthy person otherwise.
39. I'm a bit obsessive-compulsive about cleaning.
40. I always thought I wanted 4 children.
41. After having 2 kids so close together, I'm thinking we'll be doing great if we have one more child.
42. When I go in to the "Lady's room" I always check to see if there is a snake in the water before I sit down. Always.
43. I am terrified of spiders!
44. I am amazed at how much growing up I've done in the past 3 years!
45. I am still very embarassed by things I did as a young child.
46. I was always hurting my friends accidentally...I was like a big oaf.
47. I remember breaking a friends glasses (sorry Mary Beth) and crying the whole way home from church because I felt so clumsy.
48. Fast forward to college: I remember people telling me how graceful they thought I was (thank you mom for those modeling classes - they paid off!) :)
49. I have always enjoyed visiting with people who are older then me.
50. In fact, all of my friends in Jacksonville are in their mid thirties.
51. I was a big dork growing up!
52. I learned how to be "cool" while at CAC.
53. I remember holding out my hand to introduce myself to a girl on my first day of school and she looked at my hand and threw her head back and laughed at me. I immediately dropped my hand and acted like I was joking!
54. I can be friends and fit in with most people.
55. This is a blessing and a curse.
56. No matter where I am, I feel like I can relate to people...most people would say this is good and I believe in many ways it is a good trait.
57. BUT - there are times when I feel lonely because it seems like many women have a "group" they belong too...I typically float from group to group - feeling welcomed by all but not belonging to any.
58. When it comes to relationships I am a very fast learner.
59. When it comes to math, I am a very slow learner.
60. I always thought I would be a nurse.
61. My one and only regret is that I didn't get a nursing degree while at Harding.
62. When my children are in school, I plan to go back to school and get a second degree...in nursing. :)
63. Why didn't I get a nursing degree origonally?...out of fear that I wasn't capable of doing the math and science aspect.
64. I was baptized by my dad.
65. I truly developed my own faith while living in Savannah,GA.
66. I praise God for the struggles we had while living there. Because of our difficulties, we learned to rely on God and have faith in Him.
67. I believe nothing is harder or more rewarding then raising a child.
68. I live for God and feel lavished upon by His love and many blessings.
69. I believe Chad is an answer to prayers.
70. I thought I wasn't good enough for him which is funny because he says he thought he wasn't good enough for me!
71. We're still learning things about each other.
72. We have only had 1 knock-down drag out fight...
73. I holler when I get mad - he clams up....in that fight though, there was hollering coming out of both our mouths!
74. I have never said something in anger to him that I later regretted...neither has he.
75. He has taught me how to argue rationally.
76. I have taught him how to argue passionately!
77. My family on my moms side is cajun french.
78. My great-grandma only spoke cajun french so I was never able to communicate with her.
79. I still smile when my Papa calls me "Sha"...and when my uncle calls himself my "Pahreh".
80. I love to read.
81. I typically finish a book (no matter how big it is) within 48 hours of starting it because I cannot put it down.
82. I read extremely fast - Chad is constantly amazed at how many pages I read in a short amount of time.
83. I am more content now in our 1200 square foot condo then I was in Savannah in our 1500 square foot home.
84. I love listening to my children before they go to sleep - listening to them giggling and talking just melts my heart.
85. I am open-minded.
86. I am stubborn.
87. I tend to want to rebel if I feel I'm being controlled.
88. I hate the fact that I can't work out 5 days a week like I used to.
89. I LOVE to lift weights, do aroebics at the gym and sweat buckets!
90. I long for the day when we can join a YMCA and I can attempt to get my old figure back...
91. I am a dog lover - I hate it that our lab can't live with us right now.
92. I get freaked out when I do something and I realize I look just like my dad or sound just like my mom....I'm finding that happens a lot now-a-days.
93. I am a conservative republican.
94. I have never eaten a bad piece of pizza...
95. I love the south and would never want to live anywhere else.
96. I learned to water-ski when I was 4.
97. I took piano lessons for 9 years.
98. I am dependable.
99. I hate cats - am allergic to them - get grossed out by their hair and freaked out by their snobiness.
100. I hate clutter and get very aggravated when my house is a mess.
Ok guys - I got this off of Shauri's blog (forever ago!)...now it's your turn!