Thursday, July 02, 2009

FREEDOM SPECTACULAR!

Last night, our church (Christ's Church Fleming Island) hosted a HUGE event for the Fleming Island community - anyone and everyone was welcome to attend for free! It was such an incredible night! They had live music (3 christian bands played), a BBQ feast to help raise money for the Haiti Mission trip, lots of bounce houses, obstacle courses, dunking booths, cotton candy, shaved ice, a train ride...and the grand finale was a professional fireworks display that could be seen (and heard) across the entire island! It was a wonderful evening and several thousand attended who were not members of the congregation - such a great outreach!!

Rauly (snarling at the camera) and Shep... ;)




My boss (Tom Moore) getting dunked by one of my VPK students - hilarious!

Rauly and her friend Sammi-Jo


Chad and Shepherd - notice Shep's sticky yucky face after having eaten the cotton candy...it was his first time to ever eat it and he was in sugar heaven!

2 comments:

Michael and Hannah said...

Looks amazing! Freedom Fest is coming to Pinellas tonight, but my poor hubby has had to wake up at 4 or 5 a.m. every morning this week and I don't think I'm gonna be able to drag him out of the house. Wish you lived down here so we could go together!

Lindsey Eason said...

I wish we were there too - I would love to go with you and I know the kids would enjoy getting to see Wesley and A.K. too!