A lot has been going on with the Eason family...a lot that we haven't been talking about. Nothing major, just some decisions that need to made over the next few months that we've been praying about.
As you all know, Chad started our family company in December. His goal has been to teach on the side for one semester...just long enough to get the business self-supporting and than quit teaching and run the business full-time. When we found out that K.I. has made him a dealer rep., we both knew he would most likely not be able to teach next year due to the amount of time he would need to put in to working those products. We were both fine with this, except for the leap of faith it would require to not have another source of income. :) Well, after several months of pondering this, praying about this, ect...we have been feeling like it might be best (most responsible and most effective for the success of Chad's business) for me to go back to work to teach for 1 year. OOOHHHH - Can I tell you how fast my heart beats just typing that sentence out?!?!?! I have prayed and prayed for guidance...so has Chad. We both decided that we should really narrow my options as far as teaching positions go...feeling like if we did this, it would make it a little clearer what God's will was. SO - let me just explain what we've done.
We decided that since I'm qualified to teach Family Consumer Science/Child Development, that I would only apply for those two positions. As some of you may know, these positions can be very hard to come by. We also decided that I would only apply for a position if it meant that I could be head of the daycare program at that school and that I would only do this if BOTH of my children could be in that daycare. (The daycare consists of all the teachers children. Part of my job description would involve teaching highschool students how to properly care for these children in one of my classes and by the time they graduated, the highschool students would be certified to work in a professional daycare setting.)
Can you tell where I'm going with this?! Yup...you guessed it...this morning, Chad emailed me saying that a Family and Consumer Science position came open at Fleming Island High (this is the school that Chad teaches at). The position includes being in charge of the daycare. Omiword...my heart is currently in my stomach. Chad said he's going to speak with the principal today to let him know that I am interested...all of my paper work is in at the state and county offices,...this means all I have to do is interview. Oh.my.word. SOOOO many emotions right now...many very sad.
In the grand scheme of things, this is so insignificant. There are so many people out there who I'm sure wish their problems were as simple as this. I don't mean to make this sound like it's the end of the world or that it's earth shattering,...I know it isn't. But I do know that if I get this job (or a job similar to this), it will drastically change the way we live our lives for the next year...I don't handle change well (and we have had a LOT of change over the past 3 years!),..out of all the change we've experienced though, I never thought that one of those changes would involve me no longer being a stay-at-home mom. Please say a prayer for me right now - pray that I will have faith that God's will will be done. Pray that I will have the strength and the peace to accept whatever happens. Pray that Chad and my discernment will be strong so that we can know what decision we're being led to make. The thought has occured to me while I'm typing this that I may not even get an interview - wow - that would be a very easy answer to this, wouldn't it?! Thank you all for taking the time to read this forever long and somewhat confusing post - I'll keep you updated.