Thursday, April 26, 2007

I was thinking about John and Melissa, Kayden and Janey tonight and decided to start flipping through Psalms. This particular chapter struck me and I just began to think what a blessing for baby Janey to have such strong faithful parents. I am amazed at how God uses scripture to speak to us. When I open the bible, I find myself reading exactly what I need. This particular chapter may not speak to you as it did me, but if any of you are searching for answers for anything in your life, I encourage you to open your Bible and pray that God will speak to you.


Psalms 103
13 As a father has compassion on his children,
so the LORD has compassion on those who fear him;

14 for he knows how we are formed,
he remembers that we are dust.

15 As for mortals, their days are like grass,
they flourish like a flower of the field;

16 the wind blows over it and it is gone,
and its place remembers it no more.

17 But from everlasting to everlasting
the LORD's love is with those who fear him,
and his righteousness with their children's children—

18 with those who keep his covenant
and remember to obey his precepts.

19 The LORD has established his throne in heaven,
and his kingdom rules over all.

20 Praise the LORD, you his angels,
you mighty ones who do his bidding,
who obey his word.

21 Praise the LORD, all his heavenly hosts,
you his servants who do his will.

22 Praise the LORD, all his works
everywhere in his dominion.
Praise the LORD, my soul.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Thanks for pointing the situation back to God and His eternal perspective. What a sweet way to view life and remember who we are and who God is.
Yes, Baby Janey is very blessed to have such loving, caring parents and a darlin' baby sister to look forward to spending eternity with. God does speak thru His word! Thanks for the gentle reminder! Love you sweetie!

Unknown said...

Lindsey, what an inspiration you are! That post is just wonderful!

Anonymous said...

I can't tell you how much you and Chad mean to us. Thank you for your loving support and prayer. Thank you for being beside us through this time. We need so much of that right now. We love you guys.
I know I don't comment everytime you post something like this but please know that it touches my heart and I am very thankful.