Monday, January 29, 2007

We found out today that we will be receiving rent free stay at our condo for the month of February since our closing date has been pushed back so many times! We have been so happy with our condo and it's realtors that we haven't even felt frustrated with this, but they wanted to find a way to make us even happier and gave us this offer today. Of course we accepted with a HUGE smile on our faces - this will save us $1000...what young married couple with kids couldn't use an extra $1000 to put towards something? The plan is to close on the condo towards the end of February. Anyways - I've been spending the past few days looking at paint swatches and deciding what theme to do with the kids bedroom since we will begin moving in on Thursday.

Chad and I made the executive decision to have the kids share their bedroom. Before you all start thinking we're crazy, let me explain why. Our kids sleep VERY well - they typically go down at 7:30pm and if all is quiet in the house, they will sleep till 7am. We've given it a test run while living at Chad's parents house and they've done amazingly well and actually are really enjoying having eachother to talk to before they fall asleep! We figure there are only a few years they can share a room before they will want their privacy so we decided it would be fun to do this now - I think they will have great memories of this someday!

SO - back to my interior decor subject. Linda (my mom-in-law) gave me the idea of doing a Raggedy Ann and Andy theme - I LOVE it! She has some material that we're thinking about using for the curtains and I've been brainstorming on paint ideas. I'm trying to come up with ways to make it more modern - although I like country, that is not the style of any of our furniture or decorations and I would like our house to flow from room to room. Also, we're not dead set on this particular theme, so if anyone has any suggestions on boy/girl themes I would greatly appreciate that as well!

I promise to update with pics the next time I'm on here. I lost my memory chip on my digital camera (bummer!) and we're waiting to get our new one in the mail...I've learned I am addicted to my camera - it has driven me NUTS to not be able to take pics of my kiddo's daily.

4 comments:

tleaf10 said...

don't let Shep pinch Rauly when they live in the same room. I'm not saying I have any personal experience with that (Melissa)... I'm just sayin.

Anonymous said...

That is such a cute theme! I loved Ragedy Ann when I was little. I had to cutest Ragedy Ann lamp. I think it's great that you're having them share a room right now. You're right, at some point they'll want their privacy but until then that bonding time will be so neat. I can't wait to see pictures! How are you feeling? How is the back/neck?

aWare said...

I will be eager to see what you come up with, I am not good with themes! I LOVE the idea of them sharing a room, they are still babies!

Kimberly said...

What a cute idea! It's like a sleepover everynight! It will probably make them so close as siblings! Love it & Can't wait to see how the room turns out!