Thursday, January 25, 2007

PAIN PAIN GO AWAY, COME AGAIN ANOTHER DAY, LITTLE CHILDREN WANT TO PLAY!!!!

Yesterday, Chad and I went to Target (have I got Melissa, Amanda, Lauren and Kim's attention yet?!). We had a very good experience there as always, but when I was putting Rauly back in to her car-seat, I bumped the top of my head on the car. Not a big deal...it definitely hurt, but I didn't even say anything to Chad. On the way home it was throbbing and I had a slight headache, but again, not bad enough to mention. HOWEVER, I woke up at 2am and my neck felt stiff. I went back to sleep and at 3am I woke up again and the stiffness had become more painful and was radiating down my back. At 4:30am I woke up again and could not even roll over - my head was hurting so bad that I thought I was going to throw up!! I woke Chad up and told him what was going on. I don't often get scared by pain, but this scared me! I was in so much pain this morning that I could barely swallow ibuprophen, and it was actually hurting to breathe. Chad said that I strained an area in my back that affects the "breathing muscles"...guess that's the non-technical term. :) I guess when I bumped my head on the car I must have thrown something out of whack in my neck and back. Apparently him and many of his football friends at HU strained the same muscle and he said it was nothing to worry about but that it would most likely not get better till I used the muscles.

This is the funny thing - I cannot lay down - because I cannot get up. LOL! I currently have cartoons playing in my room and I am sitting in front of the computer - stiff as a board. Thankfully Shepherd can go potty by himself - Rauly on the other hand is a different story! She had a stinky diaper and I wish you all could have seen me. My neck was crooked to the left (it hurts to breathe if my head is straight), but unfortunately anytime I moved a muscle it would send my neck and back in to spasms and I would involuntarily moan. I was trying hard to control it because I didn't want to scare her, but I couldn't keep the sound in...she just stared at me the entire time (which is a good thing because she normally fights me the entire time I change her!). Today is Shepherd's lucky day - it's raining outside which means we have to stay inside and since I can't get on the floor and play, we'll either be reading books, watching cartoons, or playing with toys. Rauly is more difficult to entertain but I figure it's just one day (hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow)...I can handle it!

11 comments:

Lindsey Eason said...

I'll have you know that my hiney is every bit as cute as Shep and Rauly's! Oh - and I have plenty you could do around here (for starters, my toes need another coat of polish - of course I'm sure you already knew that after our last pedicure experience!). You're lucky your pregnant or I'd totally be taking advantage of your offer!! :) (I will welcome a visit anytime though!!)

Kate said...

If it makes you feel any better, I accidentally put my contacts into Aaron's "Clear Care" solution the other night rather than my saline. When I went to put my contacts in yesterday morning, I immediately felt this awful burning in my eye. It was like someone poured pure poroxide into my eye!! I tried rinsing the contacts off with my saline and putting them back in--it didn't help! The burning was horrible. 2nd to childbirth, it was the worst pain I think I've ever felt! I had to wear sunglasses everywhere I went yesterday.

Needless to say, I feel your pain, girl!! Hope it gets better.

Mary Beth said...

Lindsey,
I just found your blog. I'm so sorry that you're hurting. I hope it will get better fast. Casey and I have a blog too; check it out if you have time: www.caseypicker.com

Lindsey Eason said...

Katie - That is horrible! I don't wear contacts, but I can imagine that was extremely painful - hope you're feeling better today!!

MaryBeth - I'm SO excited you found me on here!! I'll definitely add you to my links!!

lauren said...

How aweful! That's scary when you don't know what's going on with your body! I'm glad it wasn't anything serious!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry that happened to you! It probably doesn't feel any better today. Maybe you should go to the doctor. They may be able to give you at least a muscle relaxer to help with the pain. I feel for you. Plus, having to entertain the babies! I'll be thinking about you! Love, Shauri

Lindsey Eason said...

Thanks girls! I'm feeling better today - I took a Flexerall last night and that helped. I still feel like I have a crick in my neck but it's definitely bearable today!!

aWare said...

I hate pain, I feel for you, if it doesn't go away maybe, you should go get some real pain medicine! Those dang carseats!

kristy said...

It's one thing to feel bad when it's just you, but when you've got two little ones to take care of, it's a whole new ball game. I hope you're feeling much better and are having a great weekend.

Kimberly said...

Oh my goodness that sounds horrible! I hope it is better by now! So hard that Mom's can't "Call in sick"!
Although I shouldn't be amused by your pain it does sorta make me chuckle to think of you moaning while changing Rauly's diaper. Sorry!

Anonymous said...

Lindey,
I can't imagine taking care of 2 little ones while in pain..time for some daddy day care??!! So sorry!! Hang in there!
Sara Jo