CALM DOWN, LADY!
Ok...so I'm a little O.C.D. about things. I'll be the first to admit it! I get an idea in my head, and I cannot rest until it is COMPLETE - not just started - but COMPLETED! I probably stress other people out (like my husband) because of this trait, but the fact of the matter is, I'd personally be more stressed than anyone if I didn't do the things I'm motivated to do - so I feel like just goin' with my inclinations is best. :)
Here's my list of "to-do's" which started Christmas Day (afternoon hours)...we've been working very hard over the past 2 days but have still managed to go on a few bike rides with the kids and even enjoyed a few basketball games with Shepherd. :)
1) Take all christmas decor down, box up and put away. Replace with the kids new reading nook. (CHECK!)
2) Take brass chandalier down and paint white to match outdated...er,..I mean "eclectic style" kitchen. Purchase fabric to create the sleeve for the chandalier chain. (CHECK! CHECK!)
3) Paint kitchen a happy color. (CHECK!)
4) Paint front porch rocking chairs a bright white. (CHECK!)
5) Finish hanging the kids and family pictures...complete the kids office nook. (CHECK!)
6) Tear down the "wet bar" (CHECK!),
Rip off wall trim for living room and dining room storage closets (CHECK!),
Sheet rock both walls allowing enough space for one normal sized entry way which will be through the living room side...(Chad's doing that as we speak!). Tear down the wall that divides the two storage rooms and create one large room (Chad's doing that as we speak!). **The goal is that this room will become one large utility room for washing clothes, ironing, folding, and will also double as an art/scrapbook room.**
7) Haul away every stinkin' tree in this yard before I go back to work! (This will obviously have to be Chad...and thankfully he has a fork lift to help him. This is going to be a huge job as we have about 25 trees that still need to be cut down, chopped up and hauled off.) Prepare yard for eventual sodding and fencing.
8) Pressure wash house and prepare it for a brand new paint job! (While Chad works on sheet rocking our storage rooms, I will be pressure washing the driveway and house...we're double-teamin' it!) The paint has been purchased - it will be kind of a colonial style. The exterior walls will be a grayish-white, the trim a bright white, the shutters and garage will be navy.
**This is a pic of our entry way and we just love the origonal color of the door...we're leaving it like that.**
OK MOM! Are you happy now?! :)