Did you know how well 4 and 2 year old children can clean?!?! If not,...let me enlighten you!
1) Shepherd vacuumed (with a hand vac) our dining room and kitchen.
2) Rauly placed all of her daddies shoes in our shoe organizer in the downstairs closet.
3) Shepherd carried 3 of my briefcases and both his and Rauly's backpacks upstairs and put them in their appropriate closets.
4) After Chad and I had folded all our clothes, both the kids picked up the piles and put them where they belonged.
5) Shepherd vacuumed (with a hand vac) both our bathrooms.
6) They picked all their toys up in their room and put them away.
7) They picked both of the clothes baskets and put them in their appropriate closets.
8) They brushed their own teeth.
9) They put on their pajama's all by themselves.
And what did Chad and I do?....
***Sat back and smiled with pride!*** NOT because they simply did their chores...but because they helped us with JOY and when there was nothing left to do (ok...when there was nothing left to do that a 4/2 year old could accomplish) they were dissapointed and asking for more tasks!
On a very different note...
Everyone knows that Rauly looks identical to her daddy and her Aunt Jenny...but once in a blue moon, I occasionally see glimpses of myself in her. Sometimes she'll smile and I'll see my mom in her...sometimes she'll laugh and I'll see my cousin Brook in her...and sometimes...not very often...but sometimes, I'll see myself. I can't ever put my finger on it - I don't even know what it is that I see that is familiar...but it's there...and it just warms my heart! For anyone out there with a child that looks NOTHING like YOU - I have a feeling you can probably relate. :)