Thursday, May 08, 2008

Blond hair, blue eyes
The sweetest grin that's one of a kind!
Spunk, strength, inner stillness too
A sense of humor that will undo you!
Unexpected gentleness
A will that is relentless
Spontaneous and incorrigible,
Rauly-girl makes life more enjoyable!



Praising God for the pretty birds flying in the air....



Rauy's been giving away kisses left and right lately...sooooo sweet!

She adores her Easter outfit and would wear it every Sunday if we let her (mainly because of the white hat that she thinks looks so cute - despite her athleticism...she is still a "girly-girl"! :)


And now for a quick change of subject - Chad totally surprised me with a anniversary get-away! He somehow managed to get my day-timer and looked on my calendar to see if we had anything on our anniversary weekend....amazingly, we didn't! SO, he scheduled a vacation for us in Daytona (he knew I'd never been and that I've been wanting to start seeing other parts of FL) - SO, we leave tomorrow! :) I can't wait - all I know about our weekend is that we're staying in Daytona at a resort that's on the beach.....Chad's apparently planned our whole trip! So sweet!!!!!

OH - and guess who's swimming without floaties?!?! Yup...BOTH of the kiddo's! Shep is in swim lessons this week and after the first 30 minutes session ended, he was swimming by himself....he woke up this morning and asked if we could go straight to swim lessons (this is a far cry from Monday when he was crying so hard that threw-up!....yeah...he's a wee bit dramatic!) Neways, Rauly being the overacheiving child that she is (lol!), decided on Monday that she needed to swim without floaties too, so....she just jumped in and started doggy-paddlin'...no tears, no fear....she just jumped in and DID IT - amazing! Both our kids are so unique - and we treasure they're differences!!!

Learning to float on his back....


Halfway across the pool....still floating....


Striking the "Superman pose"....



Yeah - made it to the steps!!!

Shep swimming to the bottom of the pool to retrieve a ring....



He got it - whoo-hooo!!!!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scaredy-cat Kayden won't even get in the water WITH floaties on by herself.
You have a terrific husband, I hope you have a great weekend and Happy early Anniversary!

Adawk said...

Amelia starts her swimming lessons in a couple of weeks, hopefully she will not be quite as embarassing as last year.....

Sara said...

Yeah Chad, that is so sweet to take you away for a weekend! Lindsey, you look beautiful in your picture with Rauly! Hope y'all have a great weekend!

Kristin said...

That is so sweet of Chad...maybe he could give Ryan a few ideas for our anniversary at the end of the month : ) Hope you guys have a great weekend! Rauly is such a doll & is getting so big and you are beautiful like always!

Page said...

Congrats on your upcoming anniversary! I hope you guys have an wonderful trip!

Michael and Hannah said...

Okay, you know I love you but you're seriously starting to make me a little sick... all that super-momminess and you still find time to write poetry?! Am I being Punk'd???

Gina Harmon said...

You are all amazing! What a sweet poem and so "right on"! She's such a cutie! Great pic of you, too. Thanks for sharing the pics of Shep swimming. I'm so proud of him! Of course, I knew Rauly would follow suit! They're both amazing! This will really free them up for when we're at Big Cedar in June! Have a great time in Daytona - I'm proud of Chad too for treating you to some special times and memory making! Love you! Happy Anniversary! Mom

Kate said...

Okay, can you have Chad call my husband sometime soon so he can give my husband a hint!!! No, I'm just kidding! I am so impressed that your kids can swim already! Since mine are so close together, I was never able to do swimming lessons with them--imagine me, the un-supermommy, trying to wrestle with all 3 kids at the same time in a pool attempting to pay attention to a teacher!!! Nope! Maybe Aaron should get me a nanny for Mother's Day!

Unknown said...

Did Chad take a class on how to treat women? Maybe his mom should hold a "boot-camp" for other men (Adam will be the first one signed up) Have fun in Daytona! I'm glad that the kids are doing well with swimming!

LaurieR said...

That was so sweet! you all look great and those are some seriously beautiful kids!

Hannah said...

Happy anniversary, a couple of days late! Hope y'all had a good one. The kids look so cute, and you look great! How's the job going?

Linda said...

Yep, that's Miss Angela who taught Jenny and Chad to swim ummmm 25+ years ago? Way to go Shepherd....he showed me all his tricks Friday evening at the pool!

Michael and Hannah said...

What a gorgeous famlily photo!!! When was that taken?

Katy said...

What a sweet poem about Rauley! And that's so great that the kids are such good swimmers - you definitely can't learn too young growing up on the coast!

Hannah said...

I love your new pics on your header. We can't wait to see y'all in another month! I bet the kids will have a blast playing together.

Unknown said...

I love your pics in the header! What a great looking family!