Tuesday, January 29, 2008


If you could...just ignore the non-makeup wearing, ponytail bearin' chick in the picture and focus your attention on the world's sweetest son! Over the past few days, Shepherd's attention has been focused on me and I believe we've finally hit the stage where he's in luv with his mommy! :) This morning, he crawled under the covers with me and whispered in my ear "good morning" and then quickly made sure I was completely covered and not getting cold. When Chad put his arm over me, Shepherd immediately pushed his arm off and said "HEY - that's MY mommy!". I quickly raised my eyebrows at Chad and tried to cover up a laugh! :) Having a son is so rewarding, especially in this stage! Shepherd is becoming more and more protective of both me and Rauly....at the park today, he was a doting older brother and really looked out for Rauly. He's been asking me to rock him more often lately and all his little sweet gestures towards me makes me just want to love on him that much more! Today, I baked a chocolate cake for him and Rauly and he was so appreciative....he just kept saying "thank you mommy - mmmm...it's so good - thank you mommy!". It makes me sad to think that the day will come when he will be embarassed to hold my hand tight as we sit down on public benches, or that there will come a day when he won't ask me often if he can kiss my cheek. SO, for now.....I'm just soakin' up his affections and praising God for his sweet little spirit that adores me - God is good!!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

he is such a sweet little boy!

Unknown said...

What a cutie pie! Austin has started to give me kisses all the time now and I ma just loving it!

Sara said...

Being a mommy is so REWARDING!! I love it!
SJ

Tiffany said...

It sounds like he is a real sweetie! Enjoy him!

Linda said...

Enjoy those special moments, Lindsey, as I know you do. Chad was always sweet to me as a little fellow. The first day of kindergarten when I took him to his class and lingered just a little bit too long, he looked up at me and said "you can go now mommy!" I was so sad because I knew he was growing up and away and that was just the beginning....but that is what we ultimately want for our children, to spread those wings and fly!

Sarah and Nolan said...

That pic is a treasure!

Varner said...

What a precious picture! Boys can be so sweet at that age. Enjoy those priceless moments.

Michael and Hannah said...

I ADORE having a son!!! I think God puts in women a desire to have a daughter, but I tell my friends that a son is that thing you never knew you always wanted! There's nothing in the world like a sweet baby boy!

Amanda said...

How precious! I look forward to the day when Gracen can kiss my check and tell me she loves me, but now I'm just going to soak in every minute with this sweet baby girl!

Katy said...

awww how sweet! i'm sure it's times like this that make all of the hard work being a good mom takes feel so worth it.