Monday, July 09, 2007

A morning through the eyes of Lindsey....

(At the park) As I sit on a bench watching Shep and Rauly play on the playground with one eye, reading my book with the other, I see Shepherd climb to the top of the slide, wipe sweat off his brow and then yell "MOMMA - I SEE A SPIDAAHH!!!". He quickly drops to his bottom and slides/scoots down the slide. Before his feet touch the ground he is already trying to run to me. He hops up on the bench where I am sitting and begins his line of questioning. It goes something like this: (Shepherd) "Momma, how many legs do spidah's have?" (Myself) "Spiders have 8 legs Shepherd...and we have 2 legs...that's how God made us - pretty cool, huh?!" (Shepherd) "WHOOOAAA...yeah mommy, that's verry cool!! Mommy?....What do spidah's eat?" (Myself) Well Shepherd, spiders eat bugs! God makes spiders so that they could make spider webs. When bugs fly in the air, they sometimes land on the spider webs and that's what they eat!" (Shepherd) "EEEWWWW...That's YUCK MOMMY!!! (he's now laughing so hard he falls off the bench on to the ground....because Rauly mimicks everything he does, she too falls on the ground in hysterical laughter...regardless of the fact that she has no clue what it is she's laughing about.). Shepherd then stands up, sweat dripping down his cheeks, and climbs back up on the bench. (Shep) "Momma?" (Myself) "Yes, Shep?" He reaches over and pats my leg... "I luv you". (Myself) "Shepherd, I love you too!". And off he goes...hopping off the bench, running over to the playground as fast as his little muscular legs will carry him....the only sign of him being there next to me is the sweat mark his little hand left on my pants. I glance over at Rauly and she throws her head back in laughter...then clumsily runs after her big brother...giggling all the way.

Life through my eyes can be pretty good, huh?!

12 comments:

Mommy of two said...

Shepherd is so cute! For some reason Avery is big into bugs right now. Not real ones though. She acts like she has them in her hand and plays with them. Who knows where she gets this stuff? I am so glad you and your mom got to spend time together.

Jenny said...

Lindsey, that was so cute--I love those kids! They make life so much more interesting.... :-)
Hope you all have a good week--see you soon!
Love,
Jenny

Kate said...

Soooo precious! Picturing the way he pronounces "spidah" makes me giggle! I LOVE little boys!

Whitney said...

Doesn't that just make your heart melt! I can just picture that precious dirty sweaty boy asking you all about spidahs and Rauly following suit. Keep the stories coming!

kristy said...

It doesn't get much better than that!!!

Anonymous said...

And that makes all the other stuff go away...I would be in tears after that. It makes you realize after times like that how much your kids keep you going.

Unknown said...

That is so sweet! Isn't it amazing how much you can love someone unconditionally (like our kids)? You just want to put your arms around them and give them a big hug! I love hearing stories like that!
And to answer your question, Adam will do housework at other people's houses, just not at his own!

Page said...

That is a very sweet story. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

How sweet! I love the way 3 year old's pronounce words! Spidah! Jace can't say his "y", so he says "my yeg (leg)"! It's always good for a laugh. :)

Tiffany said...

Such a sweet story! He sounds like a sweet boy...I wonder where he got that from?! :)

Wes said...

Hey - I never got your email address - what is it?

Anonymous said...

Linds-I had to crack up after reading all the sweet and funny comments...and then there was Wes going straight to why he got on your blog in the first place...! Hilarious. Some things never change! :) Love the sweet story...I can picture it all happening...especially Rauly imitating her big brother and that big forced laugh b/c Shep is laughing! Yes, thanks for the sweet stories...just keep 'em coming. Then we can all help you remember them! Glad your computer is fixed and that they backed up your hard drive for you! Hey, Aunt Debbie, Uncle Bo, and Kristie are on their way from TX to take Kristie's new stepson to Poplar Bluff, MO tomorrow morning. They'll spend tonight, take him tomorrow and come back to spend the night tomorrow night too. Looking forward to a nice visit although short! Love you! Mom