Thursday, November 02, 2006
Welcome to the 2006 Holiday Edition of Getting to Know Your Friends! Enjoy!! Everyone has time for a few moments of fun! Don't be a scrooge!!!
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Mixture of both!
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? I'm all about the color!!!
4. Do you hang mistletoe? nope
5. When do you put your decorations up? The day after Thanksgiving!
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? My Mimi's spinach bread - now that she's passed away my mom and I carry on the tradition!
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: The Presents! My brother and I didn't get toys randomly throughout the year, but on Christmas Day, anything that we had mentioned wanting would be in our living room...it almost seemed to us that Santa must have lifted the roof of our house up and dropped Toys-R-Us under our Christmas Tree! We would have enough toys, bikes, games and books to play with all year long! We appreciated our toys so much and found so much pleasure in playing with our new things!
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? My babysitters son told me Santa wasn't real - when my mom came to pick me up she found me on the curb outside crying...that little boy was very naughty!
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We open one gift.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? With ornaments from Chad and my childhood as well as a collection of ornaments we've had made each year representing the new additions to our family. :)
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it- even the ice!
12. Can you ice skate? yes
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Our big trampoline...Jacob and I thought we'd opened all our presents and then my mom and dad said "go look out back"! Omiword...we were SO excited and I think we jumped on that trampoline every day for 3 years!
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Seeing friends and family come together!
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? My mom's 5 cup salad (it's delicious!)
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Opening presents first thing in the morning and than having a HUGE fattening breakfast with the family while we all watch the parade!
17. What tops your tree? A big star.
18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? I don't really think I prefer one over the other. Don't get me wrong - I like to give gifts to friends and family, and I also enjoy receiving gifts...it's just not one of my love languages that I feel like I need to do or get often.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Christmas in Dixie
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? yuck
Tag - if you read this you're it!